Jennifer’s practice is devoted to insurance coverage for both personal and commercial lines, including coverage opinion and analysis, resolution of coverage disputes involving the duties of indemnification and defense, and insurance litigation, including first party coverage, third party insurance defense and insurance fraud, bad faith, and construction defect defense. Jennifer has represented insurance companies in this regard for 13 years. In her spare time, Jennifer plays guitar and sings, and has performed in Washington and Oregon.
Jennifer is admitted in Washington, Idaho and Oregon federal and state courts.
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D. DATE (cum laude)
- Seattle University, B.A. DATE (summa cum laude)
HONORS and involvement
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Northwest Insurance Coverage Association
- Puget Sound Adjusters Association
- Cow Palace
- Reverse Now
- Haltom v. Gulf Stream – Skagit County Superior Court: Successfully dismissed suit for product liability claims under CR 12(b)(6)
- Iron Gate v. Tapio Construction – Washington Court of Appeals, Division II: Successfully defended defense verdict on appeal
- Kabrich v. Allstate – US District Court for the Western District of Washington: Successfully dismissed suit for contractual claims and extra-contractual claims for bath faith, violation of the Consumer Protection Act and violation of the Insurance Fair Conduct Act on summary judgment. Successfully defended 9th Circuit Appeal, affirming US District Court verdict.
- Coleman v. American Commerce – US District Court for the Western District of Washington: Successfully dismissed suit for contractual claims and extra-contractual claims for bath faith, violation of the Consumer Protection Act and violation of the Insurance Fair Conduct Act on summary judgment. Successfully defended 9th Circuit Appeal, affirming US District Court verdict.
- Pinney v. American Family – US District Court for the Western District of Washington: Successfully dismissed contractual claims and majority of extra-contractual claims on summary judgment and achieved settlement.
- Bird v. American Family, et. al. Snohomish County Superior Court: – Obtained voluntary dismissal of client. Successfully defended post-dismissal attempts to obtain insured’s PIP file.
- May v. NJ Properties, Inc. – Yakima County Superior Court: Obtained defense verdict at Mandatory Arbitration for personal injury slip and fall matter.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS