Gary is a shareholder with Soha & Lang. His practice emphasizes insurance coverage and bad faith, commercial and construction litigation, and appellate practice. In his spare time, Gary plays bass guitar and sings, and he has performed in numerous venues in Western Canada, Washington and Oregon. Gary’s other interests include hiking, bicycling, motorcycling and travel. He recently discovered scuba diving and mountain climbing, and he made a successful ascent to the top of Mount Rainier in August 2000.
Gary is admitted in Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
- Puget Sound School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1993
- Edmonds Community College, Assoc. of Technical Arts, 1987
- University of Washington, B.A., 1982
HONORS and involvement
- Washington Super Lawyer, multiple years
- Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Ins. Co. v. SQI, Inc., 132 F.Supp.3d 1275 (W.D. Wash. 2015)
- Holly Mtn. Resources, Ltd. v. Westport Ins. Corp, 130 Wn. App. 635, 104 P.3d 725 (2005)
- Oregon Mut. Ins. Co. v. Starkweather, 132 Wn. App. 1041, 2006 WL 1075169 (2006); and
- Waters v. Puget Sound Power and Light Co., 83 Wn. App. 407, 924 P.2d 925 (1996)
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Washington Insurance Litigation Practice Guide (Lexis-Nexis); Co-author Chapter 5, “Extra-Contractual Liability of Insurers”; Chapter 8 “Insurance-Specific Issues in Coverage and Bad-Faith Litigation” (2015 & 2017 Editions)